- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fat-free ranch salad dressing
- 5 teaspoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup chopped lettuce
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup Caesar salad croutons
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, cauliflower and onion. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, ranch dressing, Parmesan cheese and basil. Drizzle over vegetable mixture; toss to coat. Chill until serving.
- Just before serving, add lettuce and water chestnuts; toss to coat. Sprinkle with croutons. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forVeggie Salad
"I made this for a family dinner and thought it was okay but not great. I felt the dressing was too heavy and lacking flavor."