Veggie Quiche Bundles Recipe
These special appetizers are as eye-catching as they are tasty. With a rich cheese-and-veggie filling, the crispy phyllo bundles could even be served as part of a brunch buffet.
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced zucchini
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/3 cup butter, divided
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and diced
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon prepared pesto
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 12 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
- 1. In a small skillet, saute the mushrooms, zucchini and onion in 1 tablespoon butter until mushrooms are tender; stir in the tomato. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, pesto and pepper. In another bowl, combine the feta and mozzarella cheeses.
- 2. Melt the remaining butter. Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface; brush with butter. Top with another sheet of phyllo; brush with butter. Repeat. Cut phyllo in half widthwise, then cut in half lengthwise.
- 3. Repeat with remaining phyllo dough and butter. Carefully place each stack in a greased muffin cup. Fill each with 4 teaspoons vegetable mixture, 1 tablespoon cheese mixture and 4 teaspoons egg mixture. Pinch corners of phyllo together and twist to seal.
- 4. Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 141 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 188mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Veggie Quiche Bundles
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC