"I got the idea for this recipe from a restaurant I used to frequent when I was in school," relates Shari Johnson of Green Bay, Wisconsin. "The tortillas are packed full of vegetables, cheese and seasonings, then baked to a golden brown.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the mushrooms, zucchini and onions until tender. Add the corn, tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through. Using a slotted spoon, spoon filling on half of each tortilla. Sprinkle vegetable mixture with cheese and fold over tortilla. Lightly spray top of tortillas with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with salsa and sour cream.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 499 calories, 21g fat (9g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 1509mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 31g protein.
Originally published as Veggie Quesadillas in Light & Tasty December/January 2004