Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 4 cups broccoli florets, cooked and drained
- 2 cups cauliflowerets, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup each grated carrot, red cabbage and yellow summer squash
- 6 pita breads (6 inches), halved and warmed
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- In a saucepan, cook onions in oil until tender. Add barbecue sauce; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add broccoli and cauliflower; heat through. Stir in mayonnaise, carrot, cabbage and squash; heat through.
- Fill each pita half with about 2 tablespoons lettuce and 1/2 cup vegetable mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 143 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 218mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Jan 28, 2010
A very tasty, quick, and easy weeknight dinner - with lots of healthy veggies to boot! I used Vegenaise vegan mayo and butternut squash, and halved the recipe, since there were only two of us.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.