For a twist on the traditional vegetable side dish, our Test Kitchen home economists came up with this pizza for one. You can use vegetables to suit your tastes.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 frozen bread dough rolls, thawed
- 3/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Let dough rise according to package directions. On a lightly floured surface, knead the 2 rolls together. Roll dough into a 7-1/2-in. circle.
- Place on a greased 7-1/2-in. pizza pan or baking sheet. Top with 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese and peppers. Sprinkle with carrot and green onion. Top with remaining cheese. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 559 calories, 29g fat (16g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 870mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 6g fiber), 30g protein.
Originally published as Veggie Pizza in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.