Veggie Pizza Crescent Squares
This hearty, creamy and full-bodied veggie pizza, served as an appetizer, brought oohs and aahs from our tasting panel at first sight. The dish, from Sandra Shafer of Mountain View, California is completely packed with good-for-you cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, mushrooms and other vegetables.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup fresh cauliflowerets, chopped
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 cup julienned green pepper
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- Unroll both tubes of crescent dough and pat into an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; seal seams and perforations. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, mayonnaise, cream, dill and garlic salt until smooth. Spread over crust. Sprinkle with the carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, green pepper, mushrooms, olives and onion. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Cut into squares. Refrigerate leftovers.