For a twist on the traditional vegetable side dish, our Test Kitchen home economists came up with this pizza for one. You can use vegetables to suit your tastes.
Recommended: 15 Ways to Make Pizza on the Grill
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 frozen bread dough rolls, thawed
- 3/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Let dough rise according to package directions. On a lightly floured surface, knead the 2 rolls together. Roll dough into a 7-1/2-in. circle.
- Place on a greased 7-1/2-in. pizza pan or baking sheet. TOp with 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese and peppers. Sprinkle with carrot and green onion. Top with remaining cheese. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Veggie Pizza in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p253
Reviews forVeggie Pizza
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 30, 2009
"saute the veggies...that helps the peppers to be nice and done..."