Veggie Noodle Side Dish
I love to cook with fresh vegetables, especially when they're from my garden! Pair this colorful side dish with grilled chicken for a very easy meal.—Wendy Myers, Thompson Falls, Montana
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 3/4 cup cut fresh green beans
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced fresh carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 package (3 ounces) ramen noodles
- 1 yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fajita seasoning mix
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry the pepper, green beans, carrots and onion in oil for 4 minutes. Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions (discard seasoning packet or save for another use).
- Add the remaining ingredients to the vegetable mixture; cook and stir until vegetables are crisp-tender. Drain noodles; add to vegetables and stir until blended.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 173 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 471mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Originally published as Garden Fresh Stir-Fry Vegetables in Taste of Home February/March 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.