Veggie Meatball Stew
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 65 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 cups water
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 6 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- In a bowl, combine 1/4 cup tomato sauce, egg, onion, bread crumbs, salt, pepper and allspice. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. In a large saucepan, brown meatballs; drain. Add the water, potatoes, carrots, peas, green pepper, soup mix and remaining tomato sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 3, 2016
Thank you so much Linnie for this recipe. I grew up eating this and my family loves it. After my Mom passed that was it for eating this, she had never written down the recipe. Finding this was like finding a lost treasure. Thanks to you we all have the recipe now. Adding corn is tasty too..
Oct 6, 2010
I would add pasta.
Nov 15, 2008
Wow, this sounds really good. I'm going to try this next time I need a good, satisfying supper!! Sounds like it would hit the spot on a winter night!