- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 12 frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs (1/2 ounce each), thawed
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first six ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours. Just before serving, stir in pasta; heat through. Discard bay leaves. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forVeggie Meatball Soup
"Very tasty, very easy. Hubby gave this 5 stars--me too."
"Great soup! Mmmm-mmmm Good! IMHO this is one of those recipes that some of the ingredients can be switched for others, or some left out. I happened to have a summer squash and used that along with the zucchini. I didn't use the green beans, but used mushrooms instead. Also used bow tie pasta instead of the macaroni. One more change, to cut down on the sodium I used home-made chicken broth, to which I never add salt. Served the soup with Bacon-Chive-Cheese Scones."
"This was great to make when I had lots of leftovers and little time. For fun, I added some spinach to thebrest of ingredients you mentioned. Thank you. It was very good. Post more recipes!"
"im wondering why a soup with fully cooked ingredients needs to be cooked for 4 to 5 hours? This sounds like it could be thrown together in 20 minutes on the stovetop."
"This is a very tasty filling soup to warm up with on a cold winter day"
"I made the recipe as posted. Don't let the short list of ingredients fool you. This turned out very good."
"I just made this for lunch. It took just a couple of minutes to dump everything in the crock pot (I used a 2 qt and it worked fine). Went to church and added the pasta when I got home. Heated some whole wheat rolls and tah-dah, lunch with zero fuss. And it's delicious! I didn't change a thing."