These kabobs are so easy to make. The grill helps the vegetables retain their fresh flavor, and the savory marinade shines through because it's brushed on while grilling.—Deb Anderson, Joplin, Missouri
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 medium red potatoes, cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 14 cherry tomatoes
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set aside. Place potatoes and water in a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes; drain.
- On metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the potatoes, zucchini, yellow pepper and tomatoes. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until tender, turning and basting frequently with orange juice mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 71 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 261mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fruit.
Originally published as Vegetable Kabobs in Light & Tasty April/May 2001