Veggie Kabobs with Gingered Yogurt
This is a fun way to serve vegetables for a colorful, summery meal. They're eye-appealing and so tasty and easy to make! —Marie Rizzio, Interlochen, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Grill: 15 min.
- 1 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large sweet red peppers, cut into eight pieces
- 1 large zucchini, cut into eight slices
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and cut into eight slices
- 1 large green pepper, cut into eight pieces
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, onions, ginger, honey, mustard, garlic and salt. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the red peppers, zucchini, eggplant and green pepper; brush with oil. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 15-18 minutes or until vegetables are tender, turning occasionally. Serve with yogurt sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 kabob with 1/4 cup yogurt sauce : 162 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 197mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 6g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Originally published as Vegetable Kabobs with Yogurt Ginger Sauce in Light & Tasty August/September 2007