Veggie Ham ‘n’ Eggs
This versatile recipe works well with a number of alternate ingredients. Instead of ham, try cooked and crumbles bacon. Or use different vegetables and cheese to suit your family's tastes.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the ham, mushrooms, pepper and onions in butter for 6 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk and salt. Remove ham mixture from skillet; keep warm.
- In same skillet, add egg mixture; cook and stir until eggs are slightly set. Add ham mixture. Cook and stir until eggs are completely set. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 377 calories, 27g fat (14g saturated fat), 491mg cholesterol, 958mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein.
Originally published as Veggie Ham 'n' Eggs in 2003 Taste of Home Calendar