Veggie Grilled Cheese
The coleslaw is a fun and colorful addition to a toasted cheese sandwich, and the Havarti makes it different, too.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 3 to 4 tablespoons honey mustard
- 1-1/2 cups broccoli coleslaw mix
- 6 ounces dill Havarti or Swiss cheese, sliced
- Spread butter over one side of each slice of bread; turn bread butter side down. Generously spread mustard over four slices of bread. Layer each with a fourth of the coleslaw mix and a fourth of the cheese; top with remaining bread, butter side up.
- Heat a griddle or large skillet over medium heat. Toast sandwiches until the bread is lightly browned on each side and the cheese is melted.
Originally published as Veggie Grilled Cheese in Country Extra May 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.