Veggie French Bread
This bread gets its zip from convenient bottled dressing that serves as a quick marinade. It's a cinch to whip up, too—I've even made it on camping trips atop a grill.—Janet Twigg, Campbellford, Ontario
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cup Italian or Greek salad dressing
- 1 unsliced loaf French bread, cut into 1-inch slices
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Toast bread until lightly browned; top with the tomato mixture. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 99 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 347mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Veggie French Bread in Country Woman July/August 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.