For scrumptious and super-healthy party fare, Sarah Mercer suggests her colorful, hearty fajitas packed with crisp-tender veggies. “My husband prefers these to chicken or beef fajitas and I serve them for dinner often,“ says the Wichita, Kansas cook.
Featured In: 68 Cinco de Mayo Party Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup salsa
- In a large skillet, saute the vegetables, salt and pepper in oil for 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Using a slotted spoon, place about 1/2 cup vegetable mixture down the center of each tortilla. Sprinkle each with 1/4 cup cheese; top with sour cream and salsa. Fold in sides. Yield: 8 fajitas.
Originally published as Veggie Fajitas in Simple & Delicious March/April 2006, p26
Reviews forVeggie Fajitas
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 18, 2015
"I loved it!"