Veggie Egg Scramble
White wine turns this egg dish into a sophisticated brunch specialty. "While staying with friends one weekend, we enjoyed the most wonderful eggs," says Phyllis Behringer of Defiance, Ohio. "I created this version to reduce the calorie and fat content."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 egg whites
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, whites, wine or broth, salt, pepper and garlic powder; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet, saute the green pepper, onion and mushrooms in butter and oil for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Reduce heat to medium. Stir in the egg mixture; cook and stir until eggs are completely set. Sprinkle with cheese and basil. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 201 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 158mg cholesterol, 365mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.