Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes7 servings (1-3/4 quarts)
- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits
- In a large saucepan, combine potatoes, broth, carrots and onion; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add corn, milk, cheese, mushrooms and pepper; cook and stir 4-6 minutes longer or until heated through. Sprinkle with bacon bits.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 191 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 505mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Sep 23, 2019
Emmm... Not veggie!
Feb 9, 2019
Made this evening for dinner. Had to add salt and used whole kernel corn rather than creamed but it was pretty good and I’d make again. Thanks!
Feb 4, 2018
Great color thick and so flavorful!
Jan 21, 2018
I just made this soup for the second time. It really benefits from a couple dashes of Frank’s red hot. It is the perfect accompaniment to sandwiches.
Jun 7, 2017
This is a good, easy to make chowder. You can use any veggies in place of the potatoes and carrots. Always good with any veggies. Nice chowder to make for a weeknight dish.
Feb 20, 2017
It was ok, too sweet for my taste, there are better potato soup recipes.
Apr 24, 2016
Such a good recipe to adjust as needed. I added last nights left over shrimp soup and more red pepper flakes. Also added a bit of macaroni (love the stuff). Also cut up some bacon and browned that in bottom of sauce pan and went on from there. Very tasty... will use this again!
Mar 12, 2016
I went to the store on my way home from work to buy the can of cream corn and bacon bits and I am glad that I did. This is a great soup. I added celery to this recipe. It turned out great!
Mar 7, 2016
I loved this soup and would recommend it.
Feb 16, 2016
I'm vegetarian, so I used veggie broth instead of chicken broth, peas instead of carrots, added a little salt, opted out of the bacon and sauteed the onion with some fresh garlic and a dash of butter before throwing it in the pan. I also cooked everything in a slow cooker for a couple hours instead of on the stove. Tasted fabulous! We ate ours with a couple hot sandwiches. A cozy and filling meal.