- 3 cups finely chopped fresh broccoli
- 3 cups finely chopped cauliflower
- 3 cups finely chopped celery
- 2 cups frozen peas (about 8 ounces), thawed
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1-1/3 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup salted peanuts
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, sugar, cheese, vinegar and salt until blended. Add to salad and toss to coat. Just before serving, stir in peanuts. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews forVeggie Chopped Salad
"Found this recipe 5 months ago and have made it at least 6 times. Followed recipe as is. I get multiple requests for the recipe every time."
"I made this yesterday for our ladies get-together/supper and it was BLAH! I followed the recipe to a T. Really thought it was going to be great with all the great ratings but for me, it was not. Won't make this one again."
"Thanks to Madeline for a most delectable salad. I served this at an Easter buffet luncheon and received nothing but raves. It was a simple salad to assemble and the combination of vegetables, bacon, and dressing was a winner. I upped my bacon strips to eight and added 1/3 cup of coarsely grated sharp cheddar cheese (for color mostly). Otherwise, I made no changes."
"Really good. BTW, the mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar is the dressing I have always used on my cole slaw using equal parts sugar and vinegar."
"Followed the recipe, took it to a church potluck and it was enjoyed by all. I'll definitely be making this again."
"Very good!! I thought the addition of peanuts would be awful but I was wrong. Wen I make it again, I think I will add some shredded cheddar for color to brighten it up a bit."
"I have been making a recipe close to this for many years adding red bell pepper, shredded carrots, craisins, shredded cheese and salted sunflower seeds. Delicious!"