Veggie Chicken Linguine
“My husband and I both work full-time, which doesn’t leave us much time to fix the fresh, home-cooked meals we love,” relates Julie Lumpkins from Baltic, Connecticut. “My mother gave me this recipe because it’s so fast and my husband gets excited every time we have it!”
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 ounces uncooked linguine
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 large fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash pepper
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, place the chicken and Cajun seasoning in a large resealable plastic bag; shake to coat. In a large skillet, saute chicken in butter for 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms, peppers and onion; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the soup, milk and seasonings. Cook 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through. Drain linguine; toss with chicken mixture. Garnish with Parmesan cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts1-3/4 cups: 525 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 1337mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 36g protein.
Originally published as Cajun Chicken Pasta in Cooking for 2 Winter 2006