Veggie Cheese Spread
This easy cheese spread is one of my family's favorite snacks. To make it a bit fancier, sprinkle tiny shrimp over the seafood sauce. It can be made ahead of time and is an ideal addition to an appetizer table. —Sue Fraser, Grande Prairie, Alberta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup seafood cocktail sauce
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- Assorted crackers or tortilla chips
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise until smooth. Spread onto a serving plate; top with seafood sauce. Sprinkle with half of the cheese and vegetables; repeat layers.
- Cover and chill until serving. Serve with crackers or tortilla chips.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 90 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 149mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Jan 19, 2011
I have had this recipe for years. my family loves it. I have made it multiple times. the only think i do differently is instead of coctail sauce. I use Heinz Chili Sauce in the jar...