Veggie-Cheese Mini Pizzas
A zesty mustard-horseradish sauce makes this a tasty change of pace from traditional veggie pizza. Feel free to experiment with whatever vegetables are in season.—Allene Bary-Cooper, Wichita Falls, Texas
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Broil: 5 min.
- 16 fresh asparagus spears, cut into 4-inch pieces
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 8 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 8 slices tomato
- 8 thin slices sweet onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 16 slices Swiss cheese (3/4 ounce each), divided
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and sliced
- Fresh basil leaves, optional
- Place asparagus in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Place asparagus on paper towels; pat dry and set aside.
- Cut pizza dough into eight pieces. Roll each into a ball; flatten into a 4-in. circle and place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Brush each crust with butter. In a small bowl, combine mustard and horseradish; spread over butter. Layer with mozzarella cheese, tomato and onion slices. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; top with one slice Swiss cheese.
- Broil 5-6 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese begins to melt. Top with avocado slices, two asparagus spears and remaining Swiss cheese. Broil 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Garnish with basil if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 509 calories, 30g fat (15g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 906mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 26g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Stacked Cheese and Vegetable Mini Pizzas in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2010