- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (8 ounces) small-curd cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced and halved
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Arrange the broccoli in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. In a large mixing bowl, beat the biscuit mix, sour cream, cottage cheese, eggs, butter and salt; pour over broccoli. Arrange tomato slices over the top; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews forVeggie Cheese Casserole
"This tastes great and is easy to make! I also found the cooking time is closer to about 50 minutes and I cut my sliced tomatoes in 4 pieces because I like a bite of tomato in every bite, they make the dish for me, so I probably use at least double the tomatoes called for in the recipe, you can also use fresh, steamed broccoli instead of frozen if you wish. Defintely a keeper!"
"Very good, I found that the cooking time was much closer to 50 minutes."