Veggie Bruschetta Recipe
This scrumptious appetizer from our Test Kitchen is worth every bit of time it takes to make! Guests will love the vegetable combination on crisp baguettes. Add a sprinkling of cheese, and you've got a hit!
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 French bread baguettes (10-1/2 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons capers, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Transfer to a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 2. Cut each baguette into 16 slices. Stir capers into vegetable mixture; spoon 1 tablespoon onto each slice of bread. Sprinkle with cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 32 appetizers.
1 each: 98 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 151mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Veggie Bruschetta
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC