- 2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted green olives
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/4 cup unsalted sunflower kernels
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped, optional
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring 1 in. of water to a boil. Add broccoli and cauliflower; cook for 2-3 minutes. Drain and immediately place vegetables in ice water; drain and pat dry. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the pasta, broccoli mixture, red pepper, cherry tomatoes, olives, artichokes, sunflower kernels, basil and sun-dried tomatoes if desired.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine vinaigrette ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews forVeggie Bow Tie Salad
"I didn't quite have all the ingredients, but this salad still turned out great! It could only be better with the basil and cherry tomatoes. The vinaigrette is fantastic. I make extra of it so I can add more to leftovers."
"LOVE the vinagrette!"