Veggie Bean Salad
A colorful blend of hearty beans and crunchy vegetables is what brings folks back for seconds after they try this salad. It never fails to spark compliments and recipe requests.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 5 medium radishes, sliced
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, Italian seasoning, salt, garlic powder and onion powder; mix well. Pour over vegetable mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Top with cheese. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 118 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 133mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Garden Bean Salad in Taste of Home June/July 1999