Vegetarian White Bean Soup Recipe
- 2 small zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 1 cup each chopped onion, celery and carrot
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) vegetable broth
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute the zucchini, onion, celery and carrot in oil for 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 7 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 171 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1047mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 7g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Vegetarian White Bean Soup
"This recipe had mixed reviews at my house. I thought it was just okay, somewhat better with Parmesan sprinkled on top. However, my niece who is a vegan loved it and quickly had 2 large bowls (without the Parmesan of course)."
"Delicious and filling soup. I used solely northern white beans and it came out well. Served it to my family who also loved it. This will become a staple for us as it's rich with vitamins and minerals and extremely nutritious. Can't wait to make it again."
"My first recipe using white beans. Not my favorite."
"I didn't include the tomatoes because I'm tired of having tomatoes in soup... instead, I added 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt to make up for some of the flavor. It was very simple and clean and wholesome... yum."