Vegetarian Tortellini Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 5 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 3-1/2 cups shredded carrots (about 10 ounces)
- 1 cup chopped yellow summer squash
- 3 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- In a large saucepan, combine the broth, carrots and squash. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes.
- Return to a boil. Stir in spinach and tortellini. Cover and cook for 7-9 minutes or until tortellini is tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 160 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 806mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Mar 3, 2016
My daughter made this with chicken broth. It was quick, easy, and tasted great. We will definitely make again.
Nov 22, 2015
I left out the squash and substituted kale for spinach but otherwise followed the recipe as above. I did add some onion and garlic and the smell while cooking was delicious! I also topped it off with a little Parmesan cheese. Overall this was a good base recipe and I would definitely use it again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.