Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 6 plum tomatoes, seeded and cut into wedges
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 medium onions, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (16 ounces) vegetarian refried beans, warmed
- 12 taco shells, warmed
- 1 cup taco sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, green peppers, onions, taco seasoning and oil. Arrange in a single layer on two 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake, uncovered, at 475° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Spread beans over half of each taco shell. Fill with vegetable mixture; drizzle with taco sauce.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 303 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1252mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 8g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 14, 2019
Very good, packed with flavor and easy to make! Just another recipe for my family’s vegetarian life style!
Oct 18, 2015
it was really good and i am making it again
Mar 17, 2013
I can't believe my family (three 20-something sons and husband), all of whom are big eaters, liked this dish. It is pretty filling considering there's no meat. Veggies are best if cooked tender-crisp. Had to use flour tortilla for my husband who doesn't like the corn ones. But this has very good flavor and I will definitely make it again.
Nov 10, 2011
Fabulous! Plum tomatoes are not mushy, and green peppers and onions are crispy tender if not overcooked. What a great idea to use taco seasoning in this recipe! Yippie! Another great one for my vegetarian daughter!
Jun 7, 2011
Please hold your negative comments or submit them nicely. We are trying new recipes, just because, you do not care for them, don't discourage other readers. And, do you have a special recipe to share?
Mar 24, 2011
This is gross, I don't want chunks of mushy tomato and onion in my taco. I want morningstar farms veggie crumble and with cheese, salsa, lettuce, FRESH tomato, avo and sour cream. Sure add seasoning to the meat! Just a heads up that I'm a picky vegetarian but this still sounds terrible. Love all the tips though.
Aug 26, 2010
Before finding this recipe my tacos were very plain. These have that kick that i needed. Very tasty and easy to make.