Vegetarian Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
- 14 large fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup frozen vegetarian meat crumbles, thawed
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Remove stems from mushrooms and chop; set mushroom caps aside. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute stems and onion in oil until tender. Stir in the bread crumbs, meat crumbles and seasonings; cook until bread crumbs are lightly browned. Cool slightly.
- 2. Stuff into mushroom caps. Place in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through and mushrooms are tender. Serve warm. Yield: 14 appetizers.
1 each: 34 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 111mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Vegetarian Stuffed Mushrooms
"I made these without the meat crumbles (just the sauteed stems,onion, and bread crumbs with seasonings) and they were delicious!"