Perfect for two and gluten-free dieters, too, this from-scratch pizza created by our Test Kitchen has a tasty crust that holds up well when you add sauce, cheese and various veggies. Plus, it's easy to prepare.
Recommended: Our All-Time Best Pizzas
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/3 cup white rice flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons each chopped onion, green pepper and fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in milk. Let stand for 5 minutes. Add the flours, xanthan gum, oil, vinegar, sugar and seasonings. Mix until a ball forms (dough will be soft).
- Sprinkle cornmeal over a 7-1/2-in. pizza pan coated with cooking spray. Press dough onto prepared pan, building up edges slightly. Do not let rise. Bake at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Spread pizza sauce over crust. Top with onion, green pepper, mushrooms and cheese. Bake for 8-12 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Vegetarian Pizza in Cooking for 2 Fall 2007, p35
Reviews forVegetarian Pizza
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 26, 2012
"For gluten-free I guess it is OK. But give me a real pizza crust recipe that serves 2."