Mary Feichtel of Binghamton, New York adds a can of beans to noodles to create this fast, flavorful lunch fare. "You can use any type of pasta you have on hand to make this filling dish," she notes.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt, optional
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan or Romano cheese
- Minced fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, place beans in a microwave-safe dish; cover and microwave on high for 1-1/4 minutes or until heated through.
- Drain pasta; transfer to a large serving bowl. Add butter and garlic salt if desired; toss until butter is melted. Add beans and cheese; toss to coat. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 311 calories, 9g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 202mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 14g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 meat.
Originally published as Vegetarian Pasta in Quick Cooking March/April 1999