- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium zucchini, chopped
- 3 medium yellow summer squash, chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) Italian crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, saute the onions, peppers and garlic in oil until tender. Add the zucchini, summer squash, tomatoes, eggplant and mushrooms; cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until sauce is thickened. Yield: 14 servings (1 cup each).
Reviews forVegetarian Pasta Sauce
"With fresh veggies in season this is really fun to make and very tasty - very good and makes a lot too"
"Great way to get your servings of Vegetables! Great flavor."