- 6 ounces uncooked thick rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Chopped peanuts, optional
- Lime wedges
- Prepare noodles according to package directions. Drain; rinse well and drain again. In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar and lime juice.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry carrots and pepper until crisp-tender, 3-4 minutes. Add green onions and garlic; cook and stir 2 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Reduce heat to medium. Pour eggs into same pan; cook and stir until no liquid egg remains. Stir in carrot mixture, noodles and sauce mixture; heat through. Add bean sprouts; toss to combine. Top with cilantro and, if desired, peanuts. Serve with lime wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forVegetarian Pad Thai
"easy to make and quick so that's a bonus. I think my rice noodles were too thin or maybe I overcooked them because it was hard to mix together. Overall this was just 'meh'. I did add broccoli florets as well. My kids ate my snow peas before I could use them for this so I ended up using sugar snap peas. I precooked the peas and the broccoli and just added them at the end with the sauce. Would be better with fresh veggies over the frozen I'm sure. I'll probably make again with a different noodle and fresh veggies just to re-evaluate.In short...not bad but won't make the regular dinner rotation."