Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried basil, thyme and pepper
- 1 cup 1% cottage cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute the onion, celery and garlic in oil until softened. Add the mushrooms; cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir in tomato sauce, tomato paste, sugar and seasonings; simmer for 10 minutes. In a bowl, combine the cottage cheese, egg, parsley and salt.
- Drain noodles. Spread 1/2 cup of the sauce in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with 4 noodles, half of the cottage cheese mixture, half of the spinach, a third of the remaining sauce and a third of the mozzarella. Repeat layers.
- Top with remaining noodles, sauce, mozzarella and Parmesan. Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer. Let lasagna stand for 15 minutes before cutting.