Vegetarian Lasagna Loaf Recipe
- 5 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 2 envelopes (1-1/4 ounces each) white sauce mix
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups fat-free milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 cup frozen California-blend vegetables, thawed
- 1/2 cup nonfat Parmesan cheese topping
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup seeded chopped fresh tomato
- 1. Break the noodles in half widthwise; set aside. In a saucepan, combine sauce mix, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. In an 8x4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray, layer 1/2 cup sauce, two noodle pieces, 1/4 cup ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup vegetables and about 1-1/2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese topping. Repeat layers three times. Top with remaining noodles, sour cream, 1/2 cup sauce, tomato and remaining Parmesan cheese topping. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and noodles are tender. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Reheat remaining sauce; serve with lasagna. Yield: 4 servings.
1 slice: 378 calories, 8g fat (0 saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 1211mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Vegetarian Lasagna Loaf
"ease, taste, healthy... = excellent"
"what is white sauce mix? Alfredo?"