Vegetarian Lasagna Loaf
"I enjoy preparing this meatless casserole for my family," relates Francine Scott of DeLand, Florida. "They love its creamy texture and think they're eating an extremely rich dish when in fact it's good for them."
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 5 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 2 envelopes (1-1/4 ounces each) white sauce mix
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups fat-free milk
- 1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 cup frozen California-blend vegetables, thawed
- 1/2 cup nonfat Parmesan cheese topping
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup seeded chopped fresh tomato
- Break the noodles in half widthwise; set aside. In a saucepan, combine sauce mix, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. In an 8x4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray, layer 1/2 cup sauce, two noodle pieces, 1/4 cup ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup vegetables and about 1-1/2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese topping. Repeat layers three times. Top with remaining noodles, sour cream, 1/2 cup sauce, tomato and remaining Parmesan cheese topping. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and noodles are tender. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Reheat remaining sauce; serve with lasagna.