Vegetarian Jambalaya Recipe
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive or canola oil
- 3 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, saute the onion, celery, green pepper, mushrooms and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, water, rice, soy sauce, parsley, salt, paprika, cayenne, chili powder and pepper.
- 2. Transfer to a 2-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon sour cream. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 187 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 339mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Vegetarian Jambalaya
"very good and tasty! add more spices and salsa next time"
"This was a great dinner, I added shredded cheddar cheese on top before serving."