Vegetarian Burgers Recipe
- 3/4 cup unsalted sunflower kernels
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 8 hamburger buns, optional
- Lettuce and tomato slices, optional
- 1. Place sunflower kernels in a food processor; cover and process until ground. Remove and set aside. Place beans in food processor; cover and process until ground. In a large bowl, combine the sunflower kernels, beans, carrots, onion, flour and oil. Shape 1/2 cupfuls into patties.
- 2. In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook the patties over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned and crisp. Serve on rolls with lettuce and tomato if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 195 calories, 11g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 81mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 6g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Vegetarian Burgers
"Yuck... these really weren't good at all, and had a strange texture. I think I'll be sticking with black bean burgers."
"The taste was good, but the mixture turned out dry...had difficult keeping together when cooking. Will try again but make a few changes to try and make a moister mixture. Any suggestions from cooks out there?"
"i thought they were fairly good, will change just a few things. will make again..."
"Tastes OK, texture is not good, does not taste like you would expect a veggie burger to taste. Will not make this recipe again."