Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3/4 cup unsalted sunflower kernels
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 8 hamburger buns, optional
- Lettuce and tomato slices, optional
- Place sunflower kernels in a food processor; cover and process until ground. Remove and set aside. Place beans in food processor; cover and process until ground. In a large bowl, combine the sunflower kernels, beans, carrots, onion, flour and oil. Shape 1/2 cupfuls into patties.
- In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook the patties over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned and crisp. Serve on rolls with lettuce and tomato if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 195 calories, 11g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 81mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 6g fiber), 6g protein.
Feb 24, 2012
Yuck... these really weren't good at all, and had a strange texture. I think I'll be sticking with black bean burgers.
Dec 30, 2011
The taste was good, but the mixture turned out dry...had difficult keeping together when cooking. Will try again but make a few changes to try and make a moister mixture. Any suggestions from cooks out there?
Aug 3, 2008
i thought they were fairly good, will change just a few things. will make again...
Jul 10, 2008
Tastes OK, texture is not good, does not taste like you would expect a veggie burger to taste. Will not make this recipe again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.