Vegetarian Bean Tacos
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, drained
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Optional toppings: shredded lettuce, shredded cheddar cheese, cubed avocado, sour cream and salsa
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and jalapeno; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic and seasonings; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in beans and tomatoes; heat through.
- 2. Serve bean mixture in tortillas with toppings as desired.
1 taco (calculated without optional toppings): 413 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 774mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 16g fiber), 17g protein.
Jan 15, 2018
There is no shortage of flavor in this bean mixture. Toped with sour cream, avocado, chedder chz, shredded lettuce and med salsa... so yummy!!