I love Mexican food but was looking for a healthier option to share. My family devours these tasty tacos whenever I make them. —Amanda Petrucelli, Plymouth, Indiana
Featured In: 39 Quick Vegetarian Meals for Winter Weeknights
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, drained
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Optional toppings: shredded lettuce, shredded cheddar cheese, cubed avocado, sour cream and salsa
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and jalapeno; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic and seasonings; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in beans and tomatoes; heat through.
- Serve bean mixture in tortillas with toppings as desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Vegetarian Bean Tacos in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2016, p189
Reviews forVegetarian Bean Tacos
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 15, 2018
"There is no shortage of flavor in this bean mixture. Toped with sour cream, avocado, chedder chz, shredded lettuce and med salsa... so yummy!!"