Vegetables in Dill Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups pearl onions
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 small zucchini, sliced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 2-1/4 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon snipped fresh dill
- Dash white pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add pearl onions; boil for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; peel.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onions and carrot in butter for 1 minute. Add mushrooms and zucchini; saute 6-8 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Stir in the lemon juice, marjoram and salt.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Cover and microwave on high until heated through, stirring once. Serve with vegetables.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 80 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 186mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jun 1, 2011
I used whole milk, reg. mayo (not low-fat), dried minced onion and dried dill. Was very good, everyone liked it!
May 24, 2010
This is a very tasty and enjoyable recipe; one of my guests is a vegetarian and asked for the recipe...