- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup diced yellow summer squash
- 2/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a saucepan, place rice mix, contents of seasoning packet and water as directed on package. Bring to a boil. Add carrots. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until rice is tender and water is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute squash, peppers and onion in oil until crisp-tender. Stir into rice mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forVegetable Wild Rice
"I am not much of a rice eater but this is excellent. Instead of chopping the peppers and onions, I used the ones that are frozen. It cuts down the prep. time so I always keep them on hand."
"I love this recipe, and my family does too. It is my favorite rice dish & goes with just about anythig."