- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened, divided
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 8 slices white bread
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- In a bowl, combine one package of cream cheese, 3 tablespoons mayonnaise, salt and pepper until smooth. Add tuna, celery and green pepper; mix well. In another bowl, combine carrots, onion and remaining cream cheese and mayonnaise; mix well. Spread 1/3 cup tuna mixture on four slices of white bread; top with a slice of whole wheat bread. Spread 1/4 cup carrot mixture on the whole wheat bread; top with a slice of white bread. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forVegetable Tuna Sandwiches
"I mixed all the ingredients together in one bowl and it came out fabulous. My teenage daughter who is not big on veggies loves it! This is an awesome, awesome recipe - a keeper for sure! Thanks!!"