Vegetable Tuna Noodle Casserole
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 can (12 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute the celery, onion and green pepper in oil until tender; set aside. In a saucepan, combine the soup, cheese and milk. Cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted.
- Drain noodles; place in a large bowl. Add the celery mixture, soup mixture, tuna, mayonnaise, pimientos and salt. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 435 calories, 27g fat (8g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 1001mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein.
Jan 26, 2018
Very, very good! My husband said this is a keeper. I added frozen peas instead of the celery and omitted the pimentos as I had none.
Mar 12, 2016
Family loved it!!
Apr 10, 2012
This was SO good! Usually tuna bakes are abit boring but this had tons of flavour and was really creamy. I used 2-1/2 cups of noodles, added some dill and lemon juice, and it was beautiful. Definitely making this again!
Aug 24, 2011
We love this recipe! I add 1 cup of frozen peas, leave out the pimentos and bake in a 9x11 pan.
Mar 6, 2010
My 3 sons like this recipe very much. It's filling and rich. I usually double it.
Jan 28, 2010
I've been making this casserole for quite some time now and don't even bother to make any other tuna casserole as this one is the best. I sprinkle on some cheddar cheese at the end of baking time.
Nov 20, 2009
Tuna Casserole is a fav in our house! I added a few ingredients requested by my son, 1 1/2 TBSP dried dill, 1 TBSP lemon juice, and 3 crushed garlic cloves. I was out of cheese so I didnt add, but made a cornfake/butter mix for the top the last 10 min of cooking. Yummy!!
Feb 28, 2009
I don't believe someone can type 55+words and post in less than a minute. Especially since Apollo's twin has only posted ... how many times in how long?
Feb 28, 2009
This was delicious. I happen to like tuna casserole, but I'm sure even people who are iffy about it would like this. I didn't add the pimientos since I didn't have any, but I ran short on cheddar cheese so used about 1/4 cup of grated parmesan. I also topped with panko bread crumbs sprinkled with some more parmesan. Very tasty.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.