VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 small red potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup cut fresh green beans (2-inch pieces)
- 8 to 10 frozen pearl onions
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 2 trout fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup pitted Greek or ripe olives, halved
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- In a large saucepan, combine the potatoes, beans and onions; cover with water. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until beans and onions are crisp-tender; drain.
- Place vegetables in a single layer in a shallow 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with half of the garlic. Place trout skin side down over vegetables. Sprinkle with olives, 1-1/2 teaspoons parsley, pepper and remaining salt and garlic. Top with tomatoes and remaining parsley.
- Pour wine over the top. Cover and bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Vegetable Trout Bake in Cooking for 2 Summer 2005, p 56