Vegetable Trout Bake
"I love how easy this dish is to prepare," says Elizabeth Yarnell of Denver, Colorado. "If you don't care for trout, use salmon or chicken breasts. Instead of green beans and tomatoes, try eggplant and broccoli florets. Try your own variations and have fun."
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 4 small red potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup cut fresh green beans (2-inch pieces)
- 8 to 10 frozen pearl onions
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 2 trout fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup pitted Greek or ripe olives, halved
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- In a large saucepan, combine the potatoes, beans and onions; cover with water. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until beans and onions are crisp-tender; drain.
- Place vegetables in a single layer in a shallow 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with half of the garlic. Place trout skin side down over vegetables. Sprinkle with olives, 1-1/2 teaspoons parsley, pepper and remaining salt and garlic. Top with tomatoes and remaining parsley.
- Pour wine over the top. Cover and bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.