Vegetable Tortilla Stack
"These tasty layered tortillas are a hit with my children and grandchildren," reports Irene Muller of Wray, Colorado. "Nutritious vegetables are deliciously disguised in this snack."
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min.
Makes2 stacks (4-6 servings each)
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli-cauliflower blend
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Minced fresh cilantro, sliced ripe olives, sour cream and additional picante sauce
- In a large skillet, saute peppers and onion in oil until tender. Stir in picante sauce; set aside. Meanwhile, cook frozen vegetables according to package directions; drain. Cool slightly; coarsely chop vegetables.
- Place two tortillas on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread each with 1/3 cup refried beans and sprinkle with 1/3 cup of the pepper mixture. Top each with another tortilla. Spoon 1-1/2 cups vegetables over each tortilla and sprinkle with Monterey jack cheese. Top the last two tortillas with remaining beans and pepper mixture; place one on each stack. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Garnish with cilantro and olives. Cut into wedges. Serve with sour cream and picante sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 570 calories, 31g fat (17g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 1008mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 7g fiber), 28g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.