Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1/3 cup seeded chopped cucumber
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Dash salt
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell; discard seeds and chop pulp. Invert shells onto paper towels to drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the chopped tomatoes, cucumber, green pepper and celery. In another small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients; pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Spoon into tomato shells.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 94 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 224mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Jun 9, 2011
I doubled the recipe and made 4 stuffed tomatoes. It made a pretty presentation, but next time I will just make a salad. It wasn't worth it for the amount of time it took to de-seed and make the tomato shells, as well as chop the other vegetables. The dressing could use something to improve the flavor...maybe some onions.