Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1/3 cup seeded chopped cucumber
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Dash salt
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell; discard seeds and chop pulp. Invert shells onto paper towels to drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the chopped tomatoes, cucumber, green pepper and celery. In another small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients; pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Spoon into tomato shells.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 94 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 224mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Jun 9, 2011
I doubled the recipe and made 4 stuffed tomatoes. It made a pretty presentation, but next time I will just make a salad. It wasn't worth it for the amount of time it took to de-seed and make the tomato shells, as well as chop the other vegetables. The dressing could use something to improve the flavor...maybe some onions.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.